Move over, Cornbread Muffins. Let me let you guys in on a little secret. This is the stuff my chili has been searching its whole life for. Chili and Cornbread Casserole are to be one of the most dynamic duos of this time (you heard it here first.)
Who doesn’t love warm, gooey brownies? Well, Cornbread Casserole is the warm gooey brownie version of your everyday Cornbread Muffin. And the best part? It’s ridiculously easy to make.
This is one of those dishes where every dinner guest is asking for the recipe by the end of the meal. Which actually becomes comical when you realize how simple it is to make. SO head to the store, grab your six ingredients, and whip this baby up in less than five minutes. Then, sit back and bask in your own greatness as everyone raves over your five minute meal.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 Box Jiffy Cornbread Mix
- 1 Can Cream Corn
- 1 Can Corn, drained
- 16 oz. Sour Cream
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Salted Butter, melted
*I like to top mine with chopped scallions before serving.
- Preheat your oven to 350°
- Start by dumping that old box of Jiffy in the bottom of your pan. She’s about to have a “glow-up.”
- I use a cast-iron dutch oven. If you’re using a Pyrex or other baking dish, mix ingredients in a separate bowl and then pour into your greased dish.
- Add in your 3 eggs (scrambled separately), corn, cream corn, and melted butter.
- Dollop your container of sour cream on top and whisk everything together until combined (don’t over mix).
- Bake for 45 minutes.
Isn’t she pretty?
Now go ahead, scoop a heaping of her onto your chili (you can thank me another day.)