Move over mashed potatoes. I mean don’t go too far, because I LOVE YOU, but you have some competition in town. Next time you feel like taking a break from your relationship with potatoes, explore the world of polenta. You’ll be happy you did!
This creamy polenta melts in your mouth. It can seem like it’s not thickening, but just be patient. Low & slow is key, as you do not want to burn it. Sometimes you have to baby it, but I promise you it will be worth it.
What You’ll Need:
- 4 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup mascarpone
- 4 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh roasted garlic
- salt and ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring chicken broth to a boil. Slowly pour in your corn meal while constantly whisking. Lower heat to medium-low and cook slowly, continuously whisking for about 3 minutes until polenta begins to thicken. Turn heat to low and cover your saucepan. Continue stirring every 5 or so minutes, scraping anything that may be sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- After about 30 minutes, add your butter and garlic. Stir until melted and completely incorporated. Add your mascarpone, parmesan, and milk, stir well until combined. Season with parsley, salt and pepper. Let the creamy polenta remain on the stove (on low) until ready to serve.
- Once ready to serve, pour into serving dish. Garnish with more fresh parsley.