One of my favorite holiday treats (that I indulge in all year long.) Not just for the flavor, but for it’s festivity! It’s also probably the easiest to prepare of all the Christmas treats.
I find that using the mint flavored chocolate chips instead of peppermint extract gives it a more delicate flavor of mint, rather than that pungent “just brushed your teeth” zing. It’s perfect for topping your bowl of ice cream or decorating a cheesecake – ’tis the season to drizzle everything with peppermint bark! Enjoy!
- 12 oz. mint chocolate chips
- 12 oz. white chocolate chips
- 4 candy canes, crushed
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour your mint chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and heat in the microwave in increments of 20 seconds, stirring in between until completely melted.
- Using a rubber spatula, carefully spread the melted mint chocolate across the parchment paper in a thin layer. Put in the freezer until it’s completely set, about 25 minutes.
- Repeat step #3 with the white chocolate chips. Spread the melted white chocolate in a thin layer on top of the mint chocolate. While still melted, generously sprinkle your crushed candy canes over the entire surface of bark.
- Place your bark back in freezer until hard, about 25 minutes. Break into a variety different sizes and enjoy!