These babies are my all time favorite. The classic chocolate chip cookie with a little sea salt incorporated to hit every single one of those taste buds. Throw a pack of instant vanilla pudding in these give for an absolutely decadent texture. Refrigerating these cookies over night is a MUST! This will ensure they are thick, soft & chewy perfection. Make extra for Santa, because he’ll be knocking on your bedroom door for more.
*Note: I always refrigerate my cookie dough overnight for best results. It actually breaks the process down and makes it easier, too. I spend about an hour one night making all my dough and then will bake the next night 🙂
yields 24 cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 packet of instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk or dark chocolate chips (I prefer milk)
- Preheat your oven to 375º. In a stand mixer, combine butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Sift together your dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, salt, and instant pudding mix.
- With your stand mixer set to low, slowly begin incorporating your dry ingredients just until combined – do not over mix!
- Refrigerate cookie dough overnight.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto your sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown on the edges and slightly under cooked in the middle.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; transfer to cooling racks.