- 1 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 2 cups water + 1/2 cup (set aside)
- 1 tablespoon freshly roasted garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped basil
- 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, soak the cashews in water (uncovered & room temperature) for 10 hours.
- Strain the water from the cashews and add to a food processor. Add the additional 1/2 cup of water, garlic and herbs and blend. Stop blending frequently to scrape down the sides of the food processor and continue to blend until creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste.