- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup unsweetened, original almond milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 head roasted garlic
- 1 teaspoon of ground sage
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder (for thickening)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, bring coconut milk and almond milk to a simmer.
- Whisk in your pumpkin and roasted garlic until smooth. If sauce is too thin, mix 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder with 1 tablespoon cold water and slowly whisk into sauce (continue step until sauce reaches desired thickness).
- Add sage, basil, salt and pepper. Serve over pasta, vegetables, or whatever your heart desires!